No appointments, driving, or waiting rooms. Hassle free online test takes just 10 minutes.
Our exam fee is 75% less than a traditional doctor's office visit and is just as accurate.
All you need is a computer and the internet and you can take our exam.
Your prescription will be signed by our Ophthalmologists and can be used anywhere.
I’ve never had more fun undergoing a medical procedure than I did getting my vision tested at Opternative. It was easy, fast, and best of all I could do it without leaving my home; this will be the best thing that’s ever happened for people who need regular eye exams.
- Sam Yagan, TIME Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World, CEO at Match.com
This is by far the easiest and fastest way to get an accurate prescription. I was amazed that it even picked up on my astigmatism!
- Brok Vandersteen, Senior Member Outreach Executive at ContextMedia, Inc.
I love that Opternative is incredibly convenient and incredibly accurate in its assessment of my vision. I don't have a regular eye doctor, as my vision is okay, so this is perfect and I don't have to figure out who to go to, insurance, etc. The work is already done for me, so easy.
- Jessica Arendas, Director of Marketing at Susan Fredman Design Group
I had the opportunity to do the online eye exam with Opternative … It was refreshing to be in and out, and back at work in a short amount of time. I highly recommend using Opternative for your next eye exam.
- Linda Dao, Enterprise Client Executive at Neudesic
Now I won't have to order my contacts from Canada anymore because this prescription process is quick and easy.
- Paige Lo, Senior Data Scientist at Spartz, Inc.
My experience in taking the Opternative eye examination was extremely positive. The test was thorough in its assessment of my eyes, and I found the overall user interface to be intuitive and well thought out.
- Dan Malven, Founding CEO & Current VP, Business Development at Analyte Health
* When Opternative launches, it will offer a refraction only online eye exam to individuals between the ages of 18-40 in good health (ie. no history of diabetes, hypertension, glaucoma, cataracts, retinal detachment, brain injuries, or neurological issues). The service does not include a comprehensive health exam. Opternative will recommend that patients go to see their nearest Optometrist or Ophthalmologist at their earliest convenience to get a full health exam.